As I mentioned earlier, Birds and Baking turned 1 on the 14th! Okay, it’s not really that big of a milestone, but since WordPress makes it so easy to look at the stats, I’d thought that I’d share some with you.
With 7698 total views (not including my own), my top posts (all the ones with over 100 views) are:
“Fake-out” Beef Chop Suey (514 views)
- Toaster Oven Chocolate Chip Cookies (238)
- Another Birthday and Lemon Cupcakes (198)
- Chicken Nuggets with Honey-Mustard Sauce (136)
- Bird Nest Cookies (131)
- Banana Pancakes (128)
Top search terms bringing people here include:
- “chop suey” (142), “beef chop suey” (92), “chopsuey” (24), “biff chop suey” (9), and various other variations and spelling errors related to chop suey
- “chicken nuggets” (37)
- “marble cake” (25)
- “birds and baking” (23)
- “toaster oven chocolate chip cookies” (22)
Strange search terms where I know what people found include:
“which tipe (sic) of bird likes water and french fries”
(I think they just ended up at my Oven Fries post. I hope they were thinking about gulls and not trying to feed a pet bird!) Seriously, why are you googling that?
Other strange searches (and stranger still that they ended up at my blog) include:
- “canola digest” and “canola dessert”
- “ontario big cat”
- “magenta high back chair”
- “cool boy french”
- “dessert made out of an invertebrate”
- “a smelly person is a dirty person”
As for followers, I currently have a very surprising 48 people who subscribe to my posts! In the blogging world, that’s not that many, but it is to me… thanks everyone for reading! I can’t believe complete strangers want to read my recipes, see my pictures, and hear about my cat! Many thanks to my biggest fan (or at least my top commenter)– Jennie Frances! Thanks, Mum! 😉
As for me some of my favourite posts include:
- In the “Cat” category: Things I Like: the Chai Edition
- In the “Birds” category: The Hawk and the Herbicide and A Sad Day Birding (which is weird because those are both sad posts.)
- In the “Random” category Halt! Who goes there? is kind of fun. I love how re-reading posts bring me vividly back to the time when I wrote them.
- As for cooking and baking, I love them all, but I regularly consult my Sunday Bread Series recipes.
Do you have a favourite post, photo, or recipe from my site? I’d love to know! Has anyone tried any of my recipes? I’ve think I’ve had 3 people say they tried the honey cornbread, so as far as I know that’s my most-tried recipe. (But some googler must have tried my chop suey, right?)
I look forward to another exciting year of blogging! 😉 You can look forward to more book reviews, more crafts, more Chai (of course), and more bird-related adventures. However, yesterday I sent my short lens away to be repaired as it has been giving me problems for quite some time, so I may have some issues with taking pictures for the next month or so! I have a point-and-shoot camera but I am not sure if it will work very well for food photography. Thankfully I have a few recipes with photos waiting to be posted.
Thanks again everyone!